Thursday 4 December 2008

Cheaper with double glazing!!

Sat, patiently waiting for the snow to come - no way just nothing then it got mild and started to thaw. Then to cap it all the water board managed to fix the burst pipe at Hillend so the A702 was opened during the night so there were not even any queues. Judging on how quiet the roads were after that and the same at Costco and Sainsburys I thing lots of folks have believed the forecasters and stayed at home under the duvet and with the curtains closed.
We pottered away steadily in the house, Mrs. B. wrapping x-mas presents (not mine - as I am getting an IOU) ( same as she is). While i moved rubbish from one part of the house to the other, and even managed to clean out the shower without ending up soaked and naked (horrors).

Eventually we headed off to Loanhead, where we went to see Irish Christine, and once again , no camera in my pocket, as the two builders were in the front garden , one sat on a toilet while the other tried to hacksaw off a bolt - a nice modern outside cludgie. they have nearly finished her extension which is bloody beautiful. anyway it is her birthday tomorrow - 21 again and again.

Then into Sainsburys where I treated myself to a nice gammon shank for tea !! quite tasty, and then to Costco for my appointment with the optician. My current specs are over four years old and my eyesight has changed sufficiently for me to need new glasses. - WELL - blooming hell, the price of the new specs certainly brought a tear to my eyes - I could have double glazed the house a lot cheaper, and had six months interest free credit !! So I now know what i am getting for x-mas !!
Bumped into my old boss , Andrew Stewart - with his new specs, and Linda Thomson - again for specs - her hubby used to work with me also.
So having just watched the group, "Boyzone" on the Paul O'Grady Show , not as good as they used to be - I am now getting ready to leave for Prestonpans, to visit RA 499 Preston Tower. I did have the choice of No 479, Gorebridge Dundas, but they hare having a bit of a business meeting .
Had a reminder in from Kenny Jack about a meeting of No 34 in Crief next Thursday - but that is a long way off.

Young RGB home , in bed and not feeling too good - so he says, probably had a night on the tiles having booked into the Holiday Inn last night to avoid the non existent snow.

Must dash.

No comments: