Monday 1 December 2008

Still chilly out - so ---

Monday night, been busy since a.m. Sunday when I headed into the Mercat via cash and carry to help cover while the staff had a training session. It was minus 4 c when we left and the trees in Lowries Den were coated in hoar frost, looking very picturesque, jsut like a x-mas card, and of course, having left in a hurry I had no camera with me - sods law.
The place was very very busy from 11 a.m. right though till tea time when I left for home. We even had another new chef in for a trial. Has it was getting dammed cold again we had a quiet night in and apart from the central heating going wonky, nothing too exciting, but of course it had to be one of the coldest nights for the heat to go off.

This morning, up again after yet another restless night, got ourselves organised and then off to town. I stopped off and bought a new central heating pump in case I needed it, then away to my favourite shop - Matalan. This time my biggest purchase was a pair of cheap specs to help me see a bit better till I get another eye test and a new pair of proper ones.

Home in time to go and see Sabrena @ Cruella for another session on my back which is still giving me gyp. A trifle sore and it looks like another few treatments will be needed.
Home to get sorted before Sparky appeared to have a go at the central heating - where he seems to have been successful, so far!!! Anyway, well done Mark.

My desk top PC has been acting really wierd today, all sorts of things going wrong, however after
a few hours sleep it seems to be working again - most odd.
So hopefully - no hypothermia tonight.

No comments: