Wednesday 3 December 2008

Waiting for the numbers

Well, at least one person reads the blog, Archie the pole dancer contacted me to say he had No's 42 and 45 in the lottery for tonight and will call me if he wins the millions.
Plenty new friends I thought, but it was only my unknown neighbours coming and parking their cars in front of the house so they do not get stuck in in the mornings - biggest pest has a pick up truck, cheeky sod.
So the queues lasted till after 10 am before they eased a bit, however, the bold Sparky took the round about cross country route and managed to do the trip in one hour instead of two and a half.. He did well today, the caring gas man, a customer said that she was cold while he was fixing her heating so he told her to go find a cardigan !! Doubtless she will need to lodge a complaint.
So, as I had no desperate missions to carry out, I just stayed at home and got on with helping to tidy up, etc. but little did I realise when I entered RGB's room that I should have been wearing bio hazard coveralls and a mask !!! but perseverance saw me through - I am not sure why he has about thirty navy T shirts from "Jake's Bar" Westchester.
Thought we were going to be up awfy early in the morning to go to do an open, however that plot has been cancelled, maybe a good thing as we are expecting tons of snow during the we small hours - I have even got the sheets over the windsrceen.
Anyway, now having a wee drop of red wine, "Banrock Station" Reserve, just to help the heart, etc. But I did have a cup of nice Yogi Licorice tea earlier on, its very nice and I have always loved licorice, to the extent that it was nearly an addiction. Many years ago, when I was about fourteen my father bought me a box of about 48 sticks of hard licorice at the cash and carry.
Greedy guts here started to eat the stuff and could not stop !! end result, horrendous stomach pains, stuck on the toilet, and forbidden to eat the stuff for ages by Mother.
Mrs. B. is annoying me at the moment, keeps talking to herself out loud about things on the TV - and then tries to involve me when I am not interested in piffle - then keeps reminding me of all the things she wants me to do - soon.
She says she will do the "Get me out the jungle" provided she does not have to eat bugs or sleep with a snake. So Simon has just left - with Mrs. B's blessing.
I think she should be sent there with our Graham, Sir Christopher, Ailsa ; Jamie ; Jo; big Archie; Edu; Claire; etc, there would be at least one murder I think !!

She has just told me that she had seen Rick Wagoner , MD of General Motors on the TV , this has to do with the US motor Industry asking to be supported during this current economic downturn.
I met him and his family when he visited Edinburgh about four years ago and went with them to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, a super bloke , lovely pleasant wife and his boys were great company.
So onto my next task.

No comments: