Thursday 5 June 2008

Bad conscience


- maybe!!

We made it south in one piece last night, after a run to Edinburgh Airport by Sparky Mark, with a really good flight on a BMIBABY - in a brand new and nearly empty plane. Arrived at T1 Heathrow which is now nice and quiet after British Airways have moved out and into Terminal 5. From what I hear the new terminal is now working properly and is marvellous.
The man from Gemini Taxis was waiting in the near deserted car park (big change) and 15 minutes later we were with William and Sandra whose house currently resembles a building site as work in their extension progresses..

Was up early this morning and thought that everyone had slept in - but then I discovered that I had been up since 5 a.m. and not 6 a.m. as I thought !!! Silly me.

William ran me over to a tube station at Hatton Cross and from there I managed to make it to Harrow with a couple of changes on the way - just made it before the morning rush hour so it was a quite pleasant journey. Outside the station at Harrow I managed to get a lovely fresh warm crusty roll with bacon and cuppa to have before I arrived - and still got in before most of the staff.

So far the job is going well, my "new friend", Martina, had all the papers I had e mailed earlier all sorted out and filed ready for me to use - lunch time now so it will again be a case of wait and see.

Sun is shining and I am looking forward to a very large glass of red wine tonight when I get back to Eagham, near to Runnymead - which will have to do as a consolation for missing the Licensed Trade gentleman's dinner at the Old Original Hotel, Roslin, tonight - Graham and the boys will have to make do without me.

No comments: