Monday 9 June 2008

A few more Windsor images - and this morning ....





ook ages to get to sleep last night , I could not stop getting the feeling that I was digging out under the tree stump !! Having been laid out on the ground for nearly four hours my chest is a bit sore. Other than that my head was " fir birling" as they say , and even Ann just could not get to sleep.
The football was not too bad, saw the Germany v Poland game, which seemed top be going well for Poland and then the two goals came from quick breakaways.
Thought these other pictures from Windsor might be of interest , I am not sure what the duck was doing , he was wandering up the main street near the castle, a bit away from the river, maybe just taking a stroll at his tea break to get away from the tourists.
Queen Victoria stands there in her glory watching all who pass on the road up to the castle and of course the many gargoyls around the castle walls watch down, no longer used for pouring hot oil or just plain rainwater.
Have had a read at my IPA ( International Police Association) magazine, Police World which was waiting for me last night, a great organisation which I have not used to the extent I could. Having said that I have met many very nice colleagues from all over the world who are members. One couple , Tom and Francis Killcullen and daughter Susan , came to us many years ago from Washington DC Police, lived in Maryland, and we went over to see them. Unfortunately we lost touch ages ago although I did send an E mail to the Washington DC Police who did not reply , so i have never heard any more.
Off to sunny Bathgate this morning for a meeting.

No comments: