Sunday 22 June 2008

Mouse gone mad




I am sitting here, near despondant, having had a bit of sunshine and a reasonable day but now the sky is grey and the heavens have opened - The archers over in the playing fields have managed to finish their competition without the rain, and to make matters worse the mouse on this computer has developed a mind of its own and is scooting all over the screen . I think I might be giving it a bit of static, or something. At least we are not in the typhoon conditions which may have claimed yet another 700 lives off the Chinese coast with this missing ferry - how terrible.
So - so Sunday, up once again having had a shocking night, bad dreams and instead of thinking of lovelies on the beach - as Ann says she does, she thinks of Tom Cruise and those sorts - but for some reason I just cannot get the images of some sweet young thing to calm me down.

Graham was away sharp once again, however we were not far behind him and by the time we reached The Mercat Bar there were several clients in place., and as the morning progressed an awful lot more arrived. One group were penalising each other and the loser left dressed up as a Darlek - and had to sit on the train all the way dressed as such (missed that as a photocall) .
For me , once again it was " hands that do dishes", but I did not mind being rewarded by Jamie with a bowl of haggis, neeps, tatties and "beans" - a fair treat.
Neeve and myself took post at the door ( as per photo) but I am sure I frightened more away than she attracted, although I did speak to a very nice couple from germany who eventually thoroughly enjoyed a steak.

Mrs B. headed off to the shops once again, but when she came back we left and en route had to pop into Matalan - again one of my favourite places due to the realistic price of things !! Ido not need a Pierre Cardin logo on my underpants. But Ann decided that she should be the model of the day for Mrs. Matalan - or the Matalan Maiden.
Back home and then a wee call to deal with regarding some suspect folks on one of my jobs, which let to an enlightening conversation about how many cars were arriving at night for "a wee social smoke" - se we come back to the driving situation of both drink or drugs.

Athletics on the TV and it is terrible to think that our potential Olympic qualifiers have just paid their own fares to take part in the European Championships in Annacee, France. Compared to other countries our sports set up is a total joke, perhaps some of our top footballers should mentor and sponsor some of these athletes !!
One thing which pleased me was to see that Waynne Rooney asked all his wedding guests to donate money to a charity and gave a large percentage of the money he got from " Hello Magazine" to a charity also - good lad.
BUT what about the two staff in a Lanarkshire Community Centre who have been suspended pending enquiries into the theft of confectionary worth £29,000 !!!! They must have been supplying most of the ice cream men in the area !! And knowing Lanarkshire Council of old, their internal audit set up leaves a bit to be desired, which is doubtless the same position with Edinburgh City Council, and other Councils, whose wastage and leakage is appalling - I see one of the English Council's spent something like£200, 000 on bottled water in four years - me , I just drink out the tap and it tastes fine to me.
Rob and Caitlin have been in touch - is that not just superb - (no joking) they missed the TV programme I was wanting them to look at, but instead manage to get to work !! Rob really must have improved since he went home. Both are doing really well, so long may it continue that way - we all wish them well.
Time to join the G @ T brigade.

No comments: