Tuesday 17 June 2008

Was like paint drying






I have been sitting here for nearly 4 hours doing things on this computer and my heid is nipping - as they say.
I started off this morning going into The Mercat Bar to help for an hour or so but when Shereen (one of the twinns) called in auffy sick I had no option but stay and help J.P. ( in photo) for the morning - JP is quite a character, has travelled widely and we had this chat this morning about some dead mice. He was going on about a Possum in Oz which wrecked a house and folks thought it was a break in.
Popped in another photo of Agnes just to brighten up the day, although she was not in - but we did have another young Polish girl in with her CV.
The bar was reasonable so we were kept busy, but early doors I nipped next door to see the Turkish chaps who set fire to my head and ears after trimming and tidying up what little I had left on the head - great fun when they set fire to the ears.
Eventually I had to flee to avoid the dammed traffic wardens and headed home topping up the petrol tank en route as things will obviously not get any better. Between Mr Brown and Mr (Supercillious) Darling they are doing a wonderfull job at telling major "porky pies - lies) about the state of the nation - the so called rate of inflation is nearer to 10% than the so called 3.5% as is so predicted.
Home - wee jobs to be done, then a good scrub and changed before I saw the Dr. for an MOT - BUT BUT I did not even have to bare an arm - we just had a chat and she decided that as we were waiting for the results of all sorts of tests the best she could offer was a check up to see about the ringing in my ears - the Quasimodo syndrome !!! perhaps. For my cramps she laughted when I suggested that the quinnine in my G & T's was as effective as the prescribed tablets.
Wandered back up the road and as I was coming into the garden spotted the mouse at the bird table next door - so with a bit of patience eventually captured it on camera - now going back a few months we wondered where the tiny feet were coming from - now we know/
Eventually - home - bottle of wine and tried to watch the football, but I was trying to get flights from Edinburgh to Brussels in July for four of us to have a long weekend - pain in the butt - but I eventually got it sorted with BMI and by jiggling saved a couple of hundred pounds.
As usual, it is annoying to have to pay a fortune from a regional airport.
Slowly losing the plot so will try again tomorrow
So as they say tomorrow is another day.


No comments: