Sunday 29 June 2008

Spain (1) v Germany ( 0) - UEFA Cup Champions







Bit late in the day -a long day , but I have just watched what I thought was a great game of football with Spain deservedly winning the UEFA cup, their first win major trophy since 1964. Their goal scorer Fernando Torres was excellent and it was a shame he was yellow carded and substituted near to the end of the game. In reality Spain should have had another three goals - anyway they won.

It has been a long day, having been in to the Mercat since 7.30 a.m., but I did get the photos I wanted on the way in , a couple of Lowries Den in the bright morning sunlight and the other of my beloved cranes on the Edinburgh skyline.
I hear that a lady whose daughter was getting married in one of the big City Centre hotels phoned the management insisting that they arrange for the cranes to be moved as they were going to spoil the wedding photos - I believe they were advised to contact the City of Edinburgh Council on that one - but we know they would not be of much help !!

We had Eduardo back in the kitchen today - nice to see him and put up with his Spanish banter - he will be happy with tonights result.

Pub was busy all day with some of the hen parties/ stag groups returning for their breakfast and this afternoon the Arsenal Scotland Supporters Club held their AGM downstairs with a good turn out. One group, of 21 ladies from down south hit the town dressed as Robin Hood's last night, apparantly very good.
Home and I managed to get the walls in the conservatory repainted a different colour to save me doing it in the morning and give me time to get on with other jobs.

No comments: