Wednesday 25 June 2008

Not the best of days


Tuesday - I headed off and at the plumbers merchants managed to buy , for 82p, a piece of plastic coupling which has held us up for weeks on a wee job in The Mercat. But having said that I looked in Homebase for the same thing and it was not there and the components they had were in fancy packaging and cost three times as much.
Up to SAC at The Bush for my meeting and some work, a nice afternoon and the grounds were in good order so I was able to find a nice quiet corner and read my notes in peace before the meeting .
Home to watch the tennis at Wimbledon and see how Andy Murray was doing ( he did good) but for some reason I began to feel unwell with this on going chesty thing I have at the moment so I ended up in bed at 7 p.m. and out for the count for a couple of hours.
However when I did come to I lay and watched Crime Watch UK, a superb programme which according to the later show last night was very successful. It just shows that the public, despite everything want to try and help and cannot be doing with all the "rubbish" out there in our society .
The latest revelations about the "anonymous" information being illegal is a big blow and the sooner it is righted the better. yesterday I had a conversation with a man whose son was a defence lawyer and was badly beaten up by a client who he failed to get off - the client received a shortened jail sentence, which was reduced and when released called (with friends) on the lawyer, beat him up and threatened to kill him . The lawyer then gave up his job , went back to University, took a Masters degree and now works in a management role in private industry. he and the police know who was responsible but cannot do anything about it.
So now Ihad better do some work for a couple of hours before we head off to Edinburgh.

No comments: