Monday 23 June 2008

A learning experience - not sure.




Well, something of a a shock to the system today - headed to open up The Mercat Bar at 0715 a.m. and get things organised for the staff before going to work myself . JP arrived in perfect time for me to bale out before the traffic wardens caught me and alng to Corstorphine I popped to get on with my "own thing". I was working away when the Admin manager said, "its a pity you cannot teach- our tutor has had to call off " so nothing ventured as they say - I ended uip doing a couple of hours preparation on Task management and ended up taking a 90 minute class with thirteen foreign students . I am not sure who was the most bamboozled, but the appreciated the effort, enjoyed some of the team building and task work, and learned what a " cushy number" in the workplace might be.
On my way back into town towards Haymarket I was thinking about the massive hotel that they plan to build and how it will effent the skyline, the photo of the street is one which will never be the same if they put up the hotel at the far end blocking out Arthur's Seat. the other was just unusual with the two cranes, parallel to each other , one in the the foreground and the other in the background.
May have to dash , The Sportsman's Bar is flooded again. Thought I was finished with all that.

No comments: