Friday 27 June 2008

Hands that do dishes.

So much for a quiet day helping out in the kitchen , having "blogged" a.m. when sorting out paperwork, it was all go for the rest of the day , helping Claire with the breakfasts and preparing for lunch, etc. Once Struan and Jamie arrived the three of them got on with lunch while I took command of the sinks and pots and pans - just what I spent all these years training for !! But no one bothers you and all you have to worry about is having wrinkly hands.

Pub was very busy so it was good to see the team rattling through the orders - considering that it is all fresh food I am sure that some meals went out faster than in a McDonalds.

By the time I was finished I was struggling to get onto the motorbike for the trip home - and for some reason the roads were busy so it a cheekie me who went straight to the front of the queues - home and then a well earned snooze.

Got myself ready and went to the last meeting of the season for Loanhead RA - Honor, Concord, and Fidelity, which was really well attended - good to see. In addition Bert Waite and Andrew Johnston of RA 500 were given honorary memberships - so it was just as well I went to support them . Unfortunately we had not been mailed before our last meeting otherwise we might have had a bigger turnout.

Loanhead itself is all bunting and decorations for the Gala day tomorrow - I just hope the weather clears up so folks can enjoy the day and all the colours.
Having come home early I now find that Mrs B is now in Loanhead having gone out with friends - so insead of an early night I will have to do an about turn shortly to go and get her

No comments: