Friday 27 June 2008

Sort of on impulse - so to speak

Up with the larks once again - after another poor night, and onto the steed of steel to get into the town sharp and have no parking charges.

Last night , bit of a story , to begin with , In the morning I found an old letter dated 1994 from a friend Kathleen who I worked with in Durham County Constabulary as of 1964. The letter related to a reunion in 1994 to which I attended and met up with lots of former Cadets.
So, on impulse, last night I phoned the number on the letter and after 14 years had a long blether to Kathleen who was not phased in the slightest by this call - it was as though I had spoken to her only last week.

In a way it sort of follows on with something Real Radio did a couple of days ago about keeping in touch with folks you met on holiday, etc, so have a bash , pick up a phone or write to someone out the blue .

Enough - I have work to do, helping Claire today.

No comments: