Monday 13 August 2007

Clever cookie

Thought I had finished for the night, however, have just spoken to my It expert, Tom Findlay, who has found me on the web - what a thrill to have someone read your scribbles. He says it is simple to put photos up but I am not so sure - I am not quite a silver surfer as my hair is too thin to reflect the heat.

Anyway, Tom has been a bit lazy with his site, TF77.com, but is going to pop some thoughts down.
Tonights late night tipple is "Johnny Walker gold Label" whiskey, very smooth, no ice just a little drop of our local tap water, sufficient to open up the flavour.

Today there was much discussion on the radio about suggestions by the licensing board in Perth to forbid "vertical" drinking, and make more use of plastic tumblers. Well , I am against both, but I have in my hand the most beautiful Edinburgh Crystal, knurled glass with the thistle emblem, which really does enhance the taste of the contents.

Flashback, whilst in "The Mercat Bar" this afternoon the chaps from the South East of Scotland Licensing Assoc appeared, it was good to see them as I was in France with them four months ago visiting the wine yards and champagne caves of Bollinger and Piper Heindsick. If I had the cash I could survive on a nice rose.

Signing off to write a note to Ian Waugh, on air with radio Forth 1.

Cheers.

No comments: