Wednesday 22 August 2007

Wedding anniversary

Wahta beautiful morning, bright sunshine here, although I hear that Edinburgh is shrouded in mist.

37 years married , despite Ann's best efforts to convince me it was only 34 because she had forgotton my card and used an old one. We have a nice day out planned .

You know, I am typing this and in the background the Council recycling lorry has appeared and there is a terrible racket of glass being smashed, etc. last thing you need for frayed nerves.

Today letter to Bob
What a story today. - Yesterday being awful weather I went to see my mate Grant at Bonnyrigg, disturbed him on his computer causing him to press the wrong button and lose FOUR hours work - he was a bit upset.( Mild understatement) His tropical fish had just died but unlike you or your posh friends in Romanno Towers he does not have a BBQ.

Later, Ann did not know what she wanted for tea and was not keen on the idea of your reheated sardines, plus wih a puncture I could not cycle up to Carlops. You know I have never ever had a sardine, just did not like the look of them. Was once offered them fresh off the boat on the grill at Portimo but still resisted.

ANYWAY, today is our 37th wedding anniversary, 37 yrs without a wrong word ( hearing aid switched off), so last night bought flowers at Tesco, hid them in the garage for this morning but - left the garage door open and something has eaten the heads off them.
Gave Ann a lovely card, she gave me one which said Happy THIRTY FOURTH - I said that she had made a mistake, eventually she admitted that she had not bought me one but had used an old one.

We are off to town, Graham treating us to breakfast at the Mercat, then off for some beauty treatments, Ann is getting her face and feet tweeked while I get a quick rub down. And at 4 p.m. Archie at the Standing Order has promised us a wee surprise treat.

I am looking forward to my day out.

Stuart

No comments: