Tuesday 21 August 2007

On a roll now

Ann returned home and I was working diligently, managing to get through some of my own work, bearing in mind that I actually do have a job of my own other than helpung Graham.

Being the very considerate person I am, ran a lovely hot bubble bath for Ann, then went off in search of something nice for dinner. (Tesco's).

Met Graham's pal, Ian Love @ Lovie, who is Manager of the Cuiken Inn, Penicuik, great lad who was one of my group many years ago on a Prince's Trust project. He and Graham took Ann and I out for dinner and the cinema one night - and used two for one vouchers for Pizza House and the Cinema !!

Eventually presented her with dinner and a glass of wine, (Blossom Hill white zinderfel), which is her favourite tipple which at 10% proof is ideal, bearing in mind that you should not drink on an empty head.
Dinner was new potatoes in butter, boiled (thin) leeks wrapped in honey ham, with roasted mushrooms stuffed with brie and topped with cheddar cheese. I had a nice oak aged "De Bortoli" Durif, Australian wine.
Ann thought I had arranged for someone to make it, eventually accepted that it was my work so apparantly from now on I am the cook.

Phone kept going with text messages and I am just not up to this new fangled technology. it was Archie and Tracey from the Standing order inviting us to a BBQ on the 8th, but as we are otherwise engaged not possible. BUT I did phone Archie, waste of time calling him on his land line, he is paranoid about telephone salesmen, so I had to phone him on his mobile to tell him to answer the phone.
Tracey is a bit silly, she has been unable to find this blog so far, so I can say anything - But she was a lovely bride when we were at their wedding in Barbados, no idea how she puts up with Archie. their daughter , Cameron, has a birthday one day before mine so we have joint parties, the bairn loves karaoke, beer, and a BBQ.

More pet hates - boy racers with loud music and cars and motorcycles with megaphone exhausts.

Likes - Highland Park whisky and Hendricks Gin.

Thought, I hope the weather is better in Edinburgh than it is here, Rob and Caitlin are going to the tattoo and it will be miserable sitting in the cold with a light drizzle.

No comments: