Thursday 16 August 2007

Might be like "Groundhog Day"

This mornings note to Bob on Forth 2.

Morning Bob,

What a bad day I had yesterday, all my plans went wrong, Mini Tattoo was not on - it's TODAY, but the Evening News published the wrong date, went to see friends but they were in a meeting, Next to a posh place in George Street for lunch which took ages to arrive and was sent back, cold ( no - it was not a salad).
Then to crown it all I got a call to go to work to help out at Musselburgh, but I did get a photo of Brian and Dave because Brian was complaining that I had a nice photo of his dog, Glen, dressed as "superdog" on the wall in the pub.

Your snap, crackle and pop guys are superb, I cannot remember who sang what last week let alone umpteen years ago. But how is this for a coincidence - I had a half pint of "Summer breeze" yesterday at lunch time, Ann said that's a " song title" and she was right. Sung by Seals and Croft in 1972, The Isley Brothers in 1974 and The Three Tenors in 1996. BUT OF COURSE YOU KNEW THAT !!!

Fingers crossed for today

Thanks to Jeremy for his comment.

Phoned my "Uncle" Walter Blaikie last night, who is actually my father's cousin. He was concerned that the weather had effected his garden this year and was not able to supply me with ginormous marrows - which we use for soup and treats at the Mercat.

Walter, is to be fair, getting on a bit, but I remember when I was a little nipper being taken round the block at Bangholm on the back of his motorbike. He is still very keen on all types of motorsport but now depends on his daughter Mary ( who shares his passion for sport) to drive him around these days. He has promised to come up to the bar for lunch.

Elvis anniversity today , so lots of good music on air, Graham will be happy as he tries to do the odd Elvis tune on the karaoke.

Breakfast time.

No comments: