Friday 31 August 2007

What happened to summer?

Well, just ever so tired this morning having had a long day yesterday.

Had a busy shift at The Sportsmans Bar, due to there being an afternoon race meeting at Musselburgh. But "no worries", Robbie was there to help me. Being busy helped the evening to pass quickly but is was still after midnight before we got finished.

I heard that Jackie, Jess and the golfers had a 5 hour delay in Malaga, waiting for their Globespan flight home - hope the plane is on time for me on Sunday.

One of boys, recently married, came in a bit shellshocked and said thet he was going to be a "daddy" - as he said, it was what they wanted but were surprised it had happened so soon - anyway I am sure they will both enjoy the experience of parenthood. I mean look what it did to Ann and I, having to look after both Graham and the budgie.

Spoke to one of my long time friends from Durham last night, Michael. I used to stay with his parents on my weekends off when I worked in Durham in the early 60's. He has not been keeping too well but called to say that his father had been taken into a care home as his memory was going and he had problems coping. I will need to go see him when I get back.


And guess what, Tam brought my camera back - so the evidence is not lost !!

It was really windy and getting cold when I returned home.

Today's message to Bob Malcolm.
You have no mercy, just because you are up we should be up, I'm shattered this morning, what with packing my wee case,cutting the grass and doing my chores before going to work last night.

Did my nut yesterday afternoon, I thought I had enought time to get to Musellburgh so I took the back road from Penicuik,via Rosewell and Dalkeith. Guess what, a tractor who had strayed off the bypass, there was a grand convoy of cars all the way, and this is true, from the new houses at Rosewell through to Whitecraig where I turned off.

A Mr Ronaldi was up at the Mercat yesterday, said he was a fisherman and knew you and wondered how we were so friendly ?

Anyway, looks like Summer has gone from the winds and blowing leaves this moning, so I am looking forward to a few "vino tinto's" in the sun.

If I get the chance I will send an "electro - postcard" and bring you some rock.

Beunas dias

No comments: